Tuesday, October 2, 2012

World Cup Downhill - End of Flat Pedals?

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/The-World-Cup-Downhill-Signals-the-End-of-Flat-Pedals.html

I love a well written discussion/argument.  This is one.  I prefer flats for fun and maneuvarability.  They suit my riding style. 

I would say it is pretty likely that teams like Trek have done in depth comparisons between flat and clipless pedals.  Common sense would tell me that for overly rough and/or pedally tracks the clipless would be better.   I also like the theory on modern downhill bike geometry affecting this as well.  What's interesting though is if a rider like Sam Hill has helped push modern DH geometry and still riding flats then that must say something.  It may just say that clipless pedals aren't for everyone.  Good Read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment