Tuesday, October 16, 2012

10/16/12 Falling Creek

I made it out late this afternoon.  It is definitely Fall, shorter days, low sun light, leaves changing colors and starting to get chilly when the sun drops behind the hill.  I really enjoy this time of year and would like to be in the woods on the mountain riding.  However this is not a bad trade off, it is work but in the end it is worth it.  Just being outside on days like today make working on trails that much better. 

I'm really looking forward to riding this top to bottom.  This is the first legal opportunity I've found to build something regular bike sized for the community.  It's a great feeling to build stuff, ride it, and then share it with other people.  I use to live by the rule of "No Dig, No Ride"; but it really doesn't help a community.  I guess I'm just taking a different approach these days in hopes of pushing my local riding scene.  I keep the hope that with creating more riding opportunities there will be more like minded individuals show themselves.  It's amazing the difference when you have a few people working vs. just one.  I have deffinitely seen some improvement in this over the years, but sometimes it's easy to get discouraged.  In the end, it's really cool to watch others push themselves and improve their riding.

The ditch witch was out of fuel, so I ended up working on some of the landings. Kenny had moved a few loads of dirt down the hill with the tractor and dump bed, any bit of dirt moving really speeds things up. I got a feeling he worked until the ditch witch ran out of fuel and probably had something else to do. I hope to have the 4th jump in by tomorrow. If more dirt ends up down there easily accessable, I think it's likely. 


  The current 3rd jump landing got some love as well as the 4th jump to be landing.   (still needs lots more love)     few photos..



No comments:

Post a Comment