Tuesday, November 20, 2012

6/17/12 -6/19/12 Falling Creek



Saturday morning I made it out and started running the ditch witch trying to scrape some dirt up for the step up/hip.  Within the first 2 scrapes I busted the main bolt that holds the 6 way blade on, no fun.  It really needs moisture out there before trying to scrape and actually do any good.   I went and swapped out for the bucket and tried to do some scraping with it and it just wanted to dig too much so I decided to call it quits on that.  Kenny had moved some dirt down from a secret stash spot since we have depleted our dirt that was brought in, hopefully we can get more dirt when the new year comes.  I was moving it up the hill when I saw a few people starting to come down the hill.  Ended up being quite a few people, I've had a really good response from our local bmx community and I wasn't really expecting it, they came out with about 10 people on Saturday.  Randy, Peake, and Chris showed up later to give a hand but there really was only so much that could be done.  Randy and Peake made a few rock runs while I finished moving dirt up the hill.  We finished up and then went and road with everyone.  I'm kinda beating myself up a little bit.  I had asked around all summer trying to figure out what style of riding to build this to.  Basically trying to figure out who would be the most likely to use it and build to suit that style of riding.  I went into this building it for "freeride" mid travel all mountain type bikes, because it seems to be the genre of bike most people have.  If I would've known that I would've received this type of interest from the bmx community I would've been more likely to change the way I built things.  Everyone seems to be having fun and that's what matters.  One great thing is, it's just dirt so it will mold and grow with the community.  Looking forward to seeing what this looks like next year this time and even further down the road.

On Sunday Taylor, Joey, Will, Jess and I made it out and we road.  This was really the first day I've been out and really haven't done any work.  I road my bike, hung out with everyone and enjoyed the spot.  Decided to shoot some video clips too while I was hanging out, I need to get a camera.

John and I made it back out Monday afternoon and Kenny had moved a good bit more dirt onto the hill at the bottom.  The ditch witch was already overheating so I road some and added some fresh dirt to the second jump lip.  It had really mellowed out from all the traffic, which is good!  You can see the fresh lip near the end of the vid.


No comments:

Post a Comment