Monday, November 12, 2012

11/9/12-11/12/12 Falling Creek Update

Friday, John and I made it out and decided to change the rollers into a table top because it was messing up the rhythm.

It looked like this when we left friday night.


Saturday morning John, Randy, Jess and I met out there.  Randy and John went to get water and soaked everything down really good.  While they were getting water, I was moving dirt and Jess shaped up the table top.  It looked like this Saturday afternoon.




Sunday morning John, Jess, Randy and I met out there again.  There wasn't much dirt left so I started moving it down to the 3rd jump landing and onto the down slope of the roller before it.  Randy and John went to get water and Jess shaped up the landing.  About the time it was starting to take shape, Taylor, Will, Charlie, Joey and Ashley showed up.  They checked everything out while we were getting the last few loads of dirt down the hill.  They were starting to give the first jumps a go while the fresh dirt was getting watered down. I had to let the ditch witch cool down for a minute before getting the last few loads of dirt down the hill, Joey had already found a shovel and started packing the new table in.  I got the ditch witch going again and he asked if I could drop another bucket or two on the new table.  Taylor came down the hill and started helping Jess get the landing on the 3rd jump stomped in.  We got more water on the fresh dirt and hung out for a bit while it was drying.  We couldn't wait any longer and had to get some riding in, it was really nice out!


Photo by Will of Taylor checking out the new table.

Photo by Taylor from his GoPro on the 5th jump.  Sweet!  Really dig the shadow.

Photo by Joey from his GoPro on the 2nd jump (new table).  Looking down on Charlie, dig it!






John and I made it back out again today (Monday).  John got out there a lot earlier to get in some laps and he packed in all the fresh dirt where we had watered it the night before.  When I got there it was really windy, I decided to give the new table some love.  


It gets dark too early..  Before I left I was messing with some light in the dark, here ya go..



No comments:

Post a Comment