Sunday, August 26, 2012

Falling Creek 8/25/12

I was really looking forward to racing in the Chomolungma race at Snowshoe this weekend.  I was unable to get a group together to go up there.  Needless to say I was bummed, I was really looking forward to that event.  Most of the time in any form of cycling it's very much a solo competition, the Chomolungma was the first chance I had to get a team together and do it as a team.  I just wasn't able to find willing riders from this area, maybe next year.  I wanted to make good use of my weekend and do something fun and productive.  I made it back out to Bedford Trail's Falling Creek Park yesterday to help Kenny with the new flow line we are putting in.   Randy, Kenny and I got out there about 9 and started moving dirt.  It's always amazing to see how much dirt it takes to build stuff.  Luckily this place is all clay dirt and it works really good for a base, we were adding some filtered top soil in with it and seemed to work great.  We were only gonna work till 1 but 2 snuck up on us and we were still out there.  We decided to take a break, go grab a snack and we were running out of fuel so we grabbed a little more fuel also.  We got back and when we started back up we had a rider come down the hill.  Seth came out, we hadn't met him before but he came out to help and he jumped right in.  Good stuff!  We worked till around 7 and got a good sized table top built.   We attempted to ride it but we got rained on just before that and really shouldn't have been riding it just pulled off the top layer and made a mess. Oh well we'll fix it later.

Probably still needs more dirt as always, but it was fun.   Really looking forward to rain and getting it all solid.  Stoked!

No comments:

Post a Comment